If I were to describe my 2012 Twitter style, I would “hashtag” things like #musicjunkie #growingup #EMAW #itsthesimplethings #internlife #family #thingsmyroommatessay #ksuagmag #agcommproblems #awesomesauce #AFAlove #blessed…just to name a few.
Yes, it has been good year with many great experiences and opportunities filled with love and laughter. I am so blessed and fortunate to have shared it with so many. So, I’m jumping on the band wagon and sharing my Top 10 Moments in 2012 (in no particular order of course.)
- Family vacation in Cabo San Lucas
- Summer internship with ICM, Inc. and experiencing living in Wichita, Kansas.
- Being on leadership staff for the Fall 2012 edition of the Kansas State Agriculturist magazine
- Became quite the concert-goer taking in Wade Bowen, Josh Abbott Band, Kyle Park, Kevin Fowler, Logan Mize, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and ……attending Country Stampede!
- Was able to make four visits home to Oregon for the Oregon FFA State Convention in my hometown, my baby sister’s high school graduation, attending Caitlin and Matt’s wedding, a quick trip to the cabin, the Umatilla County Fair and of course, the holidays.
- My parents and grandparents visited me in Kansas and witnessed a Wildcat victory over Miami.
- Speaking of Wildcat football…Can you say Big XII Champs? What an amazing season to be a part of.
- Moved in to an apartment with my two best friends Kyla & Megan. We’ve laughed, cried and went a little crazy. I couldn’t imagine senior year without these two by my side.
- Those I love are happy and healthy, and with the exception of a wee sprained ankle, this fall was the first semester in college that I did not get ridiculously sick.
- Finished up my year of service on the Agriculture Future of America 2011-2012 Student Advisory team with a trip to Washington D.C. and attended fall conference again as a regular delegate, all with eight teammates who are now eight of my closest friends.
2013, you have big shoes to fill. I’m looking forward to being editor of the Kansas State Agriculturist magazine, graduating from K-State, further enabling my concert junkie status and starting my new job with the Kansas Pork Association. And, considering I’m writing this as I sit on a plane on my way to watch my Wildcats play in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, I think it’s going to start out pretty good.
Thanks for being a part of my crazy adventures.
Here’s to the New Year!